It's not just about intercourse you know...

Sex education IS birth control --- Sex can wait. Masturbate!

Educationsexpectations is now a website!!!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Max wants to know "what's a vagina?"

My people...

Sex! There. I said it. Once upon a time, I was born. My name is Sarah and I WILL be known as a sexpert one day!

Just to clarify, by sexpert, I mean an informed filter intended to promote knowledge, health, and understanding surrounding sex education. I do not mean this. When I say sex education, I mean sex, sexuality, sexual health, health and wellness, wellbeing, self, identity, Who am I, a little bit of gender, a little bit of anatomy, vagina, penis, boobs, belly button, and all that jazz, education. All of this encompasses sex education. I will not be focusing on how to HAVE sex, but rather how to understand one's body in respect to the actions it can perform, undergo, etc. This includes sex. I cannot escape this fact.

Therefore, sexpert does NOT equal "hey baby let's have a good time" *enter cheesy sex music*. Although I DO have some lovely songs that convey a sexual undertone, they are intended to show that sex is everywhere and we need to get used to that.
I am a scholar. A sexuality scholar. I read, write, and do sexual health education. With an emphasis on EDUCATION.

Let me tell you about some issues to which I would respond "well obviously":

1. Boys have penises.

2. People are afraid of sex.

3. Teenagers think about sex.

4. Sex.

This blog is intended for anyone and everyone who wants to come to terms with the realities of human sexuality. Because of my education background, I will be posting specifically educational documents directed at educators, parents, and sexuality enthusiasts.

Because this is on the internet and people love flashy things, I will be posting pictures, videos, and music to entertain the magpie in all of us. Although I thoroughly enjoy reading research, not everyone does, so I will accommodate those of you who would rather not read and just view Cookie Monster holding a condom. (WHAT DID SHE SAY?!?!?!)

Alright,
I welcome you. Please stay a while and fall in love with my passion to write. My passion to write about my passion: sexuality and how it's such a ?!?!?! to lots of people.

3 comments:

  1. WTFBBQSAUCE sexpert?!?!

    I’ve thoroughly read this article and cannot find what a single mention of what a vagina is!

    Should it not be:
    5. Girls have vaginas!
    6. Vaginas cause men to fight each other in order to obtain said Vagina.
    7. Vaginas are the root of all evil?

    Words….bleh, words!!!?!? MOFOing words? Flashy picture is definitely needed!

    Preferably a vaginal image of: Taylor Rain or Bree Olsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lack of vagina caused me to fluster, leading to "what a single mention of what a vagina is!"

    Grrr

    (\/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear vagina lovers,
    The title was merely an attention grabber. Google vagina to find out more.
    Love,
    your friendly sexpert

    ReplyDelete

Use a condom Charlie Brown!

Use a condom Charlie Brown!
When? How? Ahhh! I'm scared of sex!

Step one?

Step one?
Are you in love? Do you need to be? What are the parameters?

Bingo!

Bingo!

Sex education in popular culture

  • The 40 year old Virgin
  • S&M by Rhianna
  • The Late night Sex show
  • The Purity Myth: How America's obsession with virginity is hurting young women
  • Laid: Young People's Experiences with Sex in an Easy-Access Culture
  • The Abstinence Teacher
  • The Purity Pledge
  • The Magdalene Sisters
  • Dangerous Liaisons
  • Skipped Parts
  • Thanks for Coming: One young woman's quest for an orgasm
  • Mean Girls
  • Britney Spears